Positioning 3D models
The Ortodoncja program allows positioning scans of 3D models. Correctly positioned 3D models are visible in the main window of the patient card, which allows a quick view of the patient’s dental conditions thanks to the rotating miniature of the models.
Positioning models can be done in two different ways:
- Point positioning – it is based on marking three reference points one after another, thanks to which it is possible to correctly rotate the model in relation to the center line.
- Manual positioning (manual mode) – involves manually positioning the model using the appropriate rims and arrows.
The main positioning window consists of 5 sections:
- View panel – allows quick preview and positioning of the model from different perspectives
- The size of the jaw
- Point positioning
- Main window with the model
Point positioning applies only to the jaw model, the mandible model is automatically adjusted after positioning. This is a model setting option that starts automatically when you enable model positioning.
It involves marking three reference points on the model in the right order:
- The top of the distal buccal bump of the patient’s upper six
- Tangent point between ones / centerline
- The top of the distal buccal lump of the upper six of the patient’s left.
Before you start marking the points, we suggest that you first set the manual model with a palate view. This should be done using the “scroll” computer mouse button.
Then press Position. As a result, the model will be rotated according to the marked points.
In the next step, click Finish, it will take you back to the main window with 3D models. The changes introduced in the 3D model position will be automatically updated in the window.
After completing the 3D modeling process completely, remember to save your changes. Failure to save will result in the loss of changes.
In addition to point positioning, the program allows manual positioning. To start manual positioning, click MANUAL MODE. This will change the appearance of the window, additional options will appear.
The 3D model can be positioned here using the arrows visible in the left part of the tool panel or using the rims and arrows visible with the model in the main window.
Before starting positioning, use the arrows in the left panel to set the parameters for moving and rotating the model.
The smaller the data is entered, the more accurate the positioning process will be because smaller offsets and rotations will be made.
Just like in positioning in the main window, the same in positioning using the arrows in the left panel:
- The green arrows move the model up and down
- Red arrows move the model right and left
- Blue arrows move the model forward and backward
- The blue rim rotates right and left
- The red rim (visible when the right / left view is turned on in the view panel) causes rotation up and down