What is the HL7 standard?
The HL7 standard is a standard for electronic information exchange in medical environments. The standard primarily defines how medical data are saved to an XML file and how they are displayed.
HL7 target in Poland:
Routine and extensive use of secure and standardized information between and within healthcare providers, to support high quality and continuity of patient care, and to increase the efficiency and adaptability of medical services in the context of European standards and the modernization of healthcare.
HL7 tasks in Poland:
- Creation of a national standard for the transmission of various electronic devices messages in a secure manner between computer programs used by all health care providers
- Creating mechanisms allowing for easy and full integration / implementation of this standard in all medical computer programs used on the Polish market.
- Replacement of current means of communication (telephones, faxes and non-standardized electronic connections) by a set of electronic messages between systems computer
- Providing users with free choice of medical software by ensuring full connectivity and data exchange between these products
- Establishing a communication standard that will allow companies to focus on producing specialized programs of high quality.
- Lowering the costs of production, implementation and use of IT solutions in healthcare.
- Significantly increase the quality, availability and security of collected medical data
ORTHODONTICS PROGRAM & HL7
The Ortodoncja program has started working on the implementation of HL7 standards and the possibility of generating XML files.
HOW TO TURN ON THE XML FILE GENERATION OPTION IN THE PROGRAM?
In order to start the function:
- In the toolbar go to the “Tools” tab and then select “Settings”.
2. In the newly opened window, select the “Miscellaneous” tab.
3. From the list of available options, select the last item, “Show fields of medical records (HL7)”.
4. Then select “OK”.
HL7 medical records are now running.
Files with medical documentation HL7 can be generated in the “Visits” tab.
Running medical records in the settings will modify the appearance of each visit – additional functions will appear.
APPEARANCE VISIT WITHOUT HL7 MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION STARTED:
APPEARANCE WITH A HL7 MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION FOLLOWED:
Choosing the ‘Edit’ option in a given visit will appear additional headings in accordance with the HL7 medical documentation standard:
- Diagnosis (ICD 10)
- Completed procedures (ICD 10)
To generate the HL7 file, select the “Generate HL7 (XML)” button.
If the practice information is incomplete or incorrectly completed, the program will display the message:
In this case, follow the information in the message, and then repeat the file generation.