Transferring the database to a new computer
STAGES OF TRANSFERING THE DATABASE TO A NEW COMPUTER
The first thing to do is create a copy of the database on an external storage medium. To do this:
- Connect the external disk to the old computer (USB stick / USB hard disk).
- Run the Orthodontics program on the old computer and open any patient’s tab.
- In the main program window, in the Tools menu, select the Create database copy option
4. The window for selecting the place to save the database will open. Select the previously connected external media and confirm.
5. After copying, connect the disk to the new computer and copy the base
The first time you start the program, an information window will appear about the first use of the program, in which you should select the Yes option.
After choosing the “Yes” option, a registration window will appear in which you will be required to provide your data:
When the process is successful, a message will appear, followed by a window with license details:
RUNNING DATABASE FOR A NEW COMPUTER
To download a database to a new computer:
- Run the Orthodontics program 9.
2. After starting the program, a dialog box will open in which you must select the OPEN ORTHODONTICS BASE 7 or 9 option
3. After selecting the appropriate database version, a new window will appear.
In the window that appears, select a database from the drop-down list or click Open database from disk
In the second case, indicate where the file with the database (file with the extension o7db) is physically on disk:
With older versions of the program, information may appear that the database requires conversion to the latest version of the program. In addition, you will be asked whether to make a backup copy before converting the database (select Yes).
We suggest making a backup copy.
The database backup process and the database conversion process will start:
After completing this process, a username and password should be given to each user. However, if you have not created a new doctor before – the Orthodontics program will create it.
If there are several users, you must also specify who will be the database administrator (its main doctor) – this is required to have access to the administrator panel.
When the process of granting logins and passwords is completed, the program will display the message:
The converted database will be opened – enter the username and password defined previously to open the directory.